Monday 25 January 2010

miles and miles and miles

firstly, i would like to point out that i am a fool.
and when i told you the date of my relaunch.
i meant the 29th of January.
not the 9th.

thank you Daisy for telling me.

anyway.
last night, it was really late. like 11pm. when i am supposed to be asleep. and my phone buzzed. it was an email, from facebook. a friend left me a message saying he was moving. when i asked where, he replied: Scotland. which if you hadn't guessed is a friggen long way away from where i live. miles and miles and miles.
it might as well be the other side of the planet.

this, understandably, made me shocked/panic/upset. so i go to the trouble to get out my laptop, and try to find out what on earth is going on.

as it turns out.
it was a ploy.
a lie.
just to get me onto instant messenger.


i have never verbally abused somebody more.


in other news
we are having a careers week at our college, next week. all period 3 lessons are cancelled, and in return, we have to sign up to two careers talks - we can go along to more later if there are spaces available.
i've just signed up for mine. i chose American Studies. where a woman will talk about "studying an interdisciplinary degree aimed at understanding the culture of the US." which sounded pretty interesting to me. my second choice was Employment Overview where another woman will "discuss the employment opportunities available for students who have decided to go into employment after leaving college."
i haven't decided if i'm going to university or if i'll go into full time employment or if i'll take a gap year yet.
i have a lot of decisions to make.
and i'm hoping these talks will help.
xo

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

At first when I started reading your blog I thought we had nothing in common but then I realised we did. I got abit worried when you said yesaday that Sydney Swift would be nomore I hope that means I can still read it, because I like reading it. Usually now when someone new comes along to someone else online, the other person shuts down, you don't even have to have an opinion for that to happen, i've seen this happen on blogger, dailybooth twitter and many other social networking sites, this makes me a very lonely young man, maybe i'm just to old to be friends with anyone, but i'm glad for your blog at least.